Outlook 2013 Search for mails

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Sitepoint

Outlook 2013 Search for mails

Post by Sitepoint »

Hi there,

I installed the Mapi Connector for Outlook 2013.
When I search for mails, the result is horrible, nearly no hits.
When I search via the webmail-Interface, the mails I'm looking for, are always there.
Not so in Outlook.
Is there a configuration option to increase the search-accurancy in outlook?

Best regards

Thomas Beckert

RiverCityCloudSeeder

Re: Outlook 2013 Search for mails

Post by RiverCityCloudSeeder »

I'm having the same problem, and this is a big problem for me. I have multiple post offices, multiple clients, some have 300+ folders in their inboxes to search and Outlook doesn't work.

Is there any plan to fix this?

WinterPeg man

Post by WinterPeg man »

This post doesn't appear to have been answered. Are there any plans for this? As you can imagine, telling someone that if they use Outlook that they can't search their whole inbox will sound rather odd to them...

netelligence

Post by netelligence »

When you setup the profile using the ME Outlook Connector, in the ME window where you enter in the mail server details, you have to click advanced and go check the box that says to download the entire message (can't remember which tab that is on).

Unfortunately you only have that option when creating a new profile/email account in Outlook. So you'd have to delete the profile and start over.

The problem is that the MAPI connector doesn't download the whole message by default, so there is nothing to search. Setting that option to download the entire message will fix your problem and Outlook will search like you expect.

Netelligence.

Aliraza2

Post by Aliraza2 »

Hi,

Do you have one that has not been upgraded yet to test that is similar to a client that exhibited the problem? If so PM me with TV access and we can check it together before you go ahead and upgrade.