Issues with Calendar Sync - iPhone

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
inter5

Issues with Calendar Sync - iPhone

Post by inter5 »

I'm running into 2 issues when using EAS to sync a calendar on my iPhone.

First, calendar items created within webmail display on the phone as event invites so they are unable to be edited and/or deleted on the phone itself.

Second, a number of items are appearing on the calendar as being greyed out. A few of greyed out items are previously expired recurring events, but this isn't the case for all of them.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues?

inter5

Re: Issues with Calendar Sync - iPhone

Post by inter5 »

To provide a bit more information, it appears that the greyed out calendar items are recurring calendar events but not all recurring items show as greyed out. It also appears that some recurring items that have expired (week-long events, for example), showed correctly in the webmail calendar and in Thunderbird via CalDAV but displayed as recurring indefinitely through EAS, both on iOS6 and Android Jelly Bean.

I also tested on an Android phone running Jelly Bean and all appointments added through webmail show up as invites on that phone as well.

[Ongoing posted content moved to seperate thread for clarity]

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Calendar Sync - iPhone

Post by MailEnable »

Hi, to allow us to diagnose and resolve quickly, perhaps you could zip the calendar folder of the mailbox in question and either raise a support ticket under defect or e-mail it to beta@mailenable.com along with the subject of the appointment and relevant dates we should inspect. The IOS version of the device would also help. In the interim, we will investigate the event invite issue you have mentioned. Thanks
Regards, Andrew