Outlook drg&drop, looses contact pictures

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
METom

Outlook drg&drop, looses contact pictures

Post by METom »

Hi,
am currently on ME Premium Enterprise (eval mode) and found the following missbehavior (bug?).

Environment:
Server Side:
ME Permium Enterpris 6.74 on Win2008 SP2 32bit (all sec pacches available until 22.12.2012 applied)
Client Side:
Outlook 2010 32 bit on Win7 Ultimate, with MAPI-Connector 32 bit 1.51

Situation:
A)
- Have a newly set up Mailbox, connect Client and load a (Backup)PST with contact folder as Data file in Outlook.
- copy all contacts from backup pst contac folder by drag&drop to contacts folder of mailbox on ME-Server
- Any contact with a contact picture in PST will NOT have/show a contact picture in ME-WebMail nor in contacts synced to EAS-Devices connected to this mailbox

B)
- now start over with the same scenario BUT don't use drag&drop to copy contacts into ME-Mailbox.
- use Outlooks 'IMPORT from PST' feature instead.
- Now contact pictures will (correctly) show up in ME-WebMail and synced EAS-Devices connected to this mailbox

A) should have given the same result as B) !!

Would be great to see a fix in near future.

Best regards
Thomas

METom

Re: Outlook drg&drop, looses contact pictures

Post by METom »

Hi,

jut for the records: -> Solved and one thing less to worry about. :D

I am now on ME 6.77 and on OL-Add-In v1.51 (tested with OL-Add-In v1.52 - which is not official as of now - too) and was not able to reproduce this.
So it seems this was fixed in the meanwhile.

Thanks to ME for taking care