Installation Crash

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
oznog

Installation Crash

Post by oznog »

Hi,

Pay a lot of attention to the installation. I just installed version 10 (upgrade from version 8 ) after restarting the server.

The installation has frozen at "... Bin \ MEInstaller.exe.config". And the whole server is planted. At the moment, no Web site is accessible, nor is email. So be careful.

IIS not working and I cant restart it! I have to restart the entire server and retry the installation (old installation is now corrupt!). But the same, the installation crash the server again at the same place "... Bin \ MEInstaller.exe.config" !

My question is, Why IIS stop ? And can version 10 be installed under Windows Web Sever 20078 R2 ? Or I'm just stupid ?

Tx
Last edited by oznog on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Installation Crash

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

oznog

Post by oznog »

Ho, ok it's microsoft ; -0

Thanks Ian. I have Mailenable work on that server since version 3 ! (38258 Professional Edition (Version 3.x) $415.48) But I can't upgrade and now Mailenable System Tray not working after this try !! And I am afraid to repair the installation and lose even more!

So bad new, I can not use anymore Mailenable...

Tx

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Did you update Windows as suggested in the forum topic I provided? When you say you can run the metray anymore what happens? Are there errors? We need more detail to be able to help further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

oznog

Post by oznog »

It's ok Ian,

I dont have an off time to work with it ! I will close this mail server and use an other one.

P.S. Yes, I always make Windows update...

Tx