MailEnable port 25 issue

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
saqib.iqbal

MailEnable port 25 issue

Post by saqib.iqbal »

I have clients who are using Mail Enable Standard and Enterprise version are encountering some issues in sending emails. Logs showing the "connection refused" error. For every client, I try to telnet the machines from public as well as private network on port 25 but unable to connect. The issue resolved after I restart the machines. Kindly tell me why I am encountering the mentioned issue. As, it is not a best approach to restart the machines everytime the issue occurs.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: MailEnable port 25 issue

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

When you say your restarting machines do you mean your restarting the MailEnable servers? A connection refused is most likely caused by the "Abuse detection and prevention" policy. The connection from the client is being refused most likely because it has been detected as abusive by either; invalid authentication attempts or bad commands. Therefore you need to inspect the relevant service log files that the client connects to. I.e IMAP, SMTP POP etc. You can also disable the abuse detection policy to see if this is in fact the cause of the problem. To disable the policy please see:

http://www.mailenable.com/documentation ... icies.html -> Enable abuse detection and prevention
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

saqib.iqbal

Post by saqib.iqbal »

By restarting the machine means Restarting the server not MailEnable and the option you were talking about "Abuse detection and prevention" has already been disabled.

saqib.iqbal

Post by saqib.iqbal »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,

When you say your restarting machines do you mean your restarting the MailEnable servers? A connection refused is most likely caused by the "Abuse detection and prevention" policy. The connection from the client is being refused most likely because it has been detected as abusive by either; invalid authentication attempts or bad commands. Therefore you need to inspect the relevant service log files that the client connects to. I.e IMAP, SMTP POP etc. You can also disable the abuse detection policy to see if this is in fact the cause of the problem. To disable the policy please see:

http://www.mailenable.com/documentation ... icies.html -> Enable abuse detection and prevention

By restarting the machine I mean restarting the Server machine not MailEnable and "Abuse detection and prevention" has already been disabled.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What is the exact error at the time in the log file your referring to? Can you post it up?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support