SMTP Service under IIS?

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Robb Meade

SMTP Service under IIS?

Post by Robb Meade »

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask, I noticed the other day that the SMTP service has a red cross over it now within the IIS MMC. I assume this is something to do with installing MailEnable? ie, to prevent conflicts?

If so, how can I now send mail via ASP scripts etc? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Robb Meade

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Robb,

The cross is most probably there because of a contention between MailEnable and MS SMTP Virtual Server (as both will try to bind to port 25). There are a few options here - but the easiest thing to do is to right click on the server under the IIS MMC. Under the General tab, click Advanced .. Edit the Address shown and change the port number to something other than 25 - eg: 26 or 27 will do.

If your using professional, there is a component that is installed that allows you to send mail from ASP Pages (just like CDO). More info is available in the Knowledge Base on the ME web site.

Cheers, Dave
Last edited by MailEnable on Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Andrew

Robb Meade

Post by Robb Meade »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Changing the Port number sounds the easiest option thus far, so I'll give that a whirl tonight, and obviously open it on the firewall too (unlike last time! :lol: )

I saw the info about the COM object shortly after posting, I am temtped by the beta version, but as for now the Standard version is working I'll wait until the non-beta version is released and then buy it (hopefully some prices will be up by then?)...

Thanks again for the prompt reply.