After 8.60 update Webmail stop working

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Danielbr

After 8.60 update Webmail stop working

Post by Danielbr »

I had version 8.54 Standard. Yesterday I upgraded to version 8.60 and the webmail stop working.
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Anyone can help me???

SC-GC

Re: After 8.60 update Webmail stop working

Post by SC-GC »

Is the application pool running in IIS? If not something like rapid fail protection might have kicked in. Check your windows event logs.

grant@msit.com.au

Post by grant@msit.com.au »

Hi

I have the same problem. Webmail working OK prior to upgrade 8.6. Event log errors are (there are 3):

1. Warning
The identity of application pool MailEnableAppPool is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request. If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.

2. Warning
Application pool MailEnableAppPool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) did not create a worker process to serve the application pool because the application pool identity is invalid.

3. Error
Application pool MailEnableAppPool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it started a worker process to serve the application pool.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Grant

virmix

Post by virmix »

grant@msit.com.au wrote:Hi

I have the same problem. Webmail working OK prior to upgrade 8.6. Event log errors are (there are 3):

1. Warning
The identity of application pool MailEnableAppPool is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request. If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.

2. Warning
Application pool MailEnableAppPool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) did not create a worker process to serve the application pool because the application pool identity is invalid.

3. Error
Application pool MailEnableAppPool has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it started a worker process to serve the application pool.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Grant
I have the same problem and I don't know why. only i install last version in Windows 2016 without any other change or setting. And now pool stop.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Fix for this is located below:

64 Bit: https://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/MEAIDPTD_64.zip
32 Bit: https://www.mailenable.com/hotfix/MEAIDPTD_32.zip

1. Stop the MailEnableAppPool under IIS and kill any w3wp.exe process running under IME_ADMIN
2. Navigate to the BIN64 folder and extract and copy the file from the 64bit link above in the BIN64 folder.
3. Do the same for the “BIN” folder but extract and copy the file from the 32bit link above.
4. Restart the application pool and monitor.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support