License Issue on Attachments

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
cmarks55

License Issue on Attachments

Post by cmarks55 »

Two previous topics, both concerning version 8, solved by upgrading to 8.04, linked below, are currently happening to me with version 10.20:
http://mailenable.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... nse#p91638
http://mailenable.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... nse#p91184

Simply, I have been using MailEnable Standard for about a year on version 9.x and about two months ago upgraded to 10.11 - in version 9 all was good. In version 10, well first the upgrade broke the webmail and every upgrade since breaks the webmail and I have to run the utility to fix it (and the MEAdmin). Kind of a pain, but no biggie. The issue is, whenever someone tries opening attachments in the webmail, they get this error:

"This feature (download attachment) is only available to licensed installations of MailEnable. The license key is either missing or invalid."

A run of the diagnostic utility says the license is fine. Basically the exact same issue that people in 8 had, but this is happening with 10.20 so any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thank You!
-cmarks55

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: License Issue on Attachments

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Did you at some point upgrade to Professional or Enterprise and then remove it?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cmarks55

Post by cmarks55 »

Nope. Standard 9.x then upgraded to 10.11 then 10.15 or 16 then 10.19 then 10.20.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

This usually means either a reboot is required after the upgrade, since it was not able to replace a file during installation, or that there is a DLL from an older version somewhere on the server still, that it is picking up (in a path that exists in the PATH environment variable). Search for the file MEAISO.DLL. It should only exist in the Mail Enable\bin and Mail Enable\bin64 directories. It may also be causing your issue with the upgrading.

cmarks55

Post by cmarks55 »

Found the file in the bin directory, date modified 3/19/17 - 734k in size.

Found the file in the bin64 directory, date modified 3/19/17 - 2 minutes later - 1028k in size.

Should I delete them? or should I delete them then reinstall? System has been rebooted a couple times since the upgrade, but was not rebooted directly after the upgrade.

Thank You!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The modified date looks incorrect. Is that in the Mail Enable\bin and bin64 path? There should be two of the files on the server, but only 2 and their modified date should be when you installed it. Having an old modified date means that the files are not being replaced on installation. You could try opening a command file as administrator and entering "mestop" before reinstalling (this will stop IIS as well). mestop is a bat file which stops the mail services and IIS. Otherwise you could try deleting the files and then reinstalling. Failing that, maybe easiest to fill out a support request or email our sales for us to remotely log in and fix. Just refer to this forum thread when emailing or filling out the form.

cmarks55

Post by cmarks55 »

So I MOVED the MailEnable files in the Program Files (x86) directory after running mestop to a temporary directory on another drive, then reran the setup and let it copy all new files in, then rebooted and all is good now. So your identification of the problem was correct, the new files were not being written, and the old versions were causing conflict with the new files that were being written and used.

Thank you guys, you have a great product here, shame I am only using like 10% of it.