DKIM not working, messages won't get signed. Also DKIM support is absent in Plesk mail server settings

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Joost

DKIM not working, messages won't get signed. Also DKIM support is absent in Plesk mail server settings

Post by Joost »

I have installed MailEnable 10.20 standard edition. Still DKIM support is absent in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings in Plex Onyx Version 17.8.11 for Windows Server 2016 Standard 1607. I added DKIM signing via MailEnable management console but outgoing e-mail do not get signed. What can I do?
DKIM_Plesk_MailEnable.png
DKIM_Plesk_MailEnable.png (59.91 KiB) Viewed 11243 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: DKIM not working, messages won't get signed. Also DKIM support is absent in Plesk mail server settings

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

From the screenshot it indicates that DKIM is not enabled globally. Navigate within the administration console to: Servers > Localhost > Extensions > Domain Keys (DKIM). Right click on "Domain Keys (DKIM)" and select properties. Ensure the option is ticked so that its enable for the server.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

quickhelper

Re: DKIM not working, messages won't get signed. Also DKIM support is absent in Plesk mail server settings

Post by quickhelper »

Solution for my setup
Plesk on IIS
Mailenable Free Version
External DNS

1. install Microsoft DNS from Plesk Tools Updates & Upgrades; this will enable a settings box
2. Go to Mail settings and check the new box (Enable DKIM) or something like that. It's in the global settings and per domain setting. Plesk will show an error (no NS Record bla), but continue regardless
3. deactivate Microsoft DNS (DNS Template, deactivate)
4. Dunno if its necessary: Uncheck and check again the new box in E-Mail Settings
5. Find out, that whatever key you had previously created in mailenable was replaced by a key with selector "default". To do that either use the mailenable msc console or the way described in Plesk help. Find out while doing it, that the flag "DKIM is not currently enabled globally" has vanished
6. Update/Create your DNS entry with the new key. I added k=rsa; after the v=DKIM1; but I dont know if it makes a difference. The entire entry looks like v=DKIM1;k=rsa;p=ABCDEFG120...;
7. send mail with DKIM enabled