MailEnable not allowing connections

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
webbouk

MailEnable not allowing connections

Post by webbouk »

We have been using MailEnable Standard for several years without issue, however this morning Windows Server (2012) restarted following an automatic update, since then we can send emails from out email clients, however cannot connect to MailEnable to download them.
I've done the 'restarting server' bit to no avail.

Our server support have looked into it and reported:

"I have done further testing and all ports on the server for email connectivity are up and I can connect to them with a telnet test. I am however experiencing an issue connecting to a test mailbox I have created.

I have sent a test mail to the Ukfast-test@maggotdrowning.com account and I can see that this has arrived without issue. This does seem to be an issue with MailEnable not allowing connections as I can see my connection using the "netstat -ano" command when i do the telnet test to specific ports.

I am seeing an error message in Event Viewer though for the MailEnable IMAP server and this is as follows. this error is generated when the service is started. If you have access to any support from MailEnable I would recommend sending them this error message for further advice.

At 11:50:52 today "General: (MailEnable IMAP Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin64\MEIMAPS.exe) error: 203) Service Completed Loading Agents"

Unfortunately as we are unfamiliar with MailEnable we are limited with support for this. I would suggest calling MailEnable"

Is this something you can advise on?

Regards,

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: MailEnable not allowing connections

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The error;

At 11:50:52 today "General: (MailEnable IMAP Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin64\MEIMAPS.exe) error: 203) Service Completed Loading Agents"

Means that the service was started at 11:50 that day. Will not be related to your problems not being able to download messages to your client. The first question would be, what exact version of MailEnable Standard are you running? If not 10.30 on our downloads page then its time to upgrade if your running an older version.

Also is maggotdrowning.com a domain hosted on your MailEnable server? When I telnet to mail.maggotdrowning.com on port 143 I can see the it responds with another IMAP service and not the MailEnable IMAP service.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support