1.72 and MMC problems

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Robb Meade

1.72 and MMC problems

Post by Robb Meade »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems also.

Thus far I have installed MailEnable 1.72 - I have launched it and set up the domain, post office and 6 mailboxes - all working ok.

However, I had a problem with the MMC in which when I clicked on the postoffice branch of the tree an error message appeared in an alert box telling me it could find file MEAIPO.DLL - I figured a reboot might help so I did that - turns out that problem went away - instead now when I click on the Messaging Manager branch of the tree I get a "A run time error has occurred - Line 315 object required" error.

If I click on no to debug the error box goes away, but the screen only shows a small icon where you would expect the icon AND the name of the thing you're looking at in the main pane.

If however I right click on the messaging manager item in the tree I can get to properties, I can change stuff and click on apply/ok etc - but then if I go back in its not saved anything.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems - is it just me - should I uninstall and reinstall, should I just keep rebooting my server until all the errors go away?

The last time I used MailEnable was on version 1.5 - the MMC seemed stable enough then....

Thanks in advance for all replies and any help that you can offer.

Best regards

Rob Meade

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi there,

Sometimes MailEnable files can get copied into other directories either by end users or third party applications. Core MailEnable files should only ever appear on a machine once and should always be found under the Mail Enable\Bin Directory. If files have been copied into different directories (eg: into the system directory) they will not be updated by upgrades and you may have issues with DLL versions. The simplest way to check for duplicates is to use Start|Search|For Folders or Files... and search all hard drives for the DLL that is reporting the error. Any copies that are not in the Mail Enable\BIN directory should be removed. (MailEnable files are typically named as ME*.DLL (you should ensure that the file you are removing is infact a MailEnable DLL rather than that of another component/application). You can aslo run the Meinstaller.exe found in the Mailenable BIN directory to re-register the MMC components.

firenet

Could this be my problem with retrieving mail?

Post by firenet »

Hello, I just installed ME Standard over the weekend. I just relaized Im having the same problem with MMC and Postofice. The problem Im having is that users cannot retrieve mail from their mailboxes. Every thing else appears to be working fine. Thank you-Chris

Rheal

Missing Meaipo.dll

Post by Rheal »

I have been getting the same error when trying to add a Postoffice.
Also when I select postoffice from the menu on the left I get a error AddPostOfficestoScope: File not found: MEAIPO.Dll.
I have check the Mail Enable Bin directory and the file is there. The file does not reside anywhere else on my Harddrive.

I am running Windows XP

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you tried using the Meinstaller.exe utility? Run the option to register MMC components.

The following KB article explains how to use MeInstaller.exe.:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020314.htm

Regards,