installing listserver

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
arabis

installing listserver

Post by arabis » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:44 am

I installed the standard AND professional editions on my W 2000 Server machine. Works GREAT, except for one thing: the List Manager icon doesn't appear in 'Messengsing Manager" (admin version v1.04) and while I see a Lists folder in the Postoffice for a domain, a list made by me only has properties "General" and "Options" where you can fill in the e-mail adres for the list (like test@domain.com) and header and footer messages.
No option to see the members, and no option to (batch) add members.
Sending SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE messages to the list, works fine, so does sending by the moderator e-mail address.
Any updates for this to expect? Should I be a beta tester?
Regards
Wilfred

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable » Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:21 am

If you right click on the list you should have the option to add members to the lis from the server. Similarly, if you select a list the members should be listed on the right hand side.

The list functionality provided by MailEnable is not fully featured and is intended to provide only basic (but core) list functionality.

If you are still experiencing problems in the MMC please post of mail support@mailenable.com. Thanks.

arabis

mailinglist, adding members

Post by arabis » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:40 am

due to my inexperience with the MMC routines, I hadn't thought of checking the NEW option right clicking the list.. Right... it works great. Indeed a batch routine or file import is missing for lists, but I'll try to work with copy/paste from a TXT file....for now.
I like the way Mailenable is set up and integrated in Windows via MMC though. I have 40 domains running and it's stabile as a rock.