Force process of incoming emails

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
relentlessuk

Force process of incoming emails

Post by relentlessuk »

Hi All,

I have several emails which are just sitting in the following directory /queues/smtp/inbound/messages/

How can i force these to be "re-processed" by mail enable?

Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Force process of incoming emails

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Do you see the corresponding command file within: /queues/smtp/inbound ? Can you provide some information in regards to which version of MailEnable you are currently running. Also are you running any MTA pickup events? Have you excluded the MailEnable queues folder form any Resident AV scanners you may have running on the Windows background?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Jinglebens

Post by Jinglebens »

I have related question. In C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages there are more than 1000 files and as far as I see these are pairs like

_a78b6afd19564d0e8f344159be1bce63.mai
a78b6afd19564d0e8f344159be1bce63.mai

Folder C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound does not contain files.

The question is: why these files remain in C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages and do I have a delivery issue?
MailEnable Professional 3.6. No Antivirus running.

Thanks

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

What are the dates of the files are they recent or from some time ago?

Do you have any plugins to the MTA? Are you running Plesk?

Have you ever ran any AV on the server? Even a resident?
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

Jinglebens

Post by Jinglebens »

Since several months and up to today, the older I have deleted. No MTA plugins, no Plesk (in-house DELL 2450 server W2003SP2), never ran AV, never installed AV. We use MEFilter which is set as ME filter, although it was set as MTA pickup event in the past (couple of years ago). No other applications installed. I reboot the server several times per month. Actually dozens of messages are added every day: new messages pass by and disappear from this folder but some got stuck in there. At this moment there are no files in C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound and 1322 files in C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

OK delete the files from the C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages or move them out although usually in this situation they have been delivered and are still present because a clean up delete was not possible of the MTA copied the message from the SMTP queue to the POC queue.

After this disable ME Filter and then see if you have any messages left over in the queues. I would say after a couple of days you will not have any messages left over and at this time you can start to see what is happening with the ME Filter program. Make sure you are running the latest and check your configuration to see if there is anything that could be changed to help, for example change any actions to add a header line that can be deleted later maybe at mailbox level rather than removing the message itself.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.