Anti Virus - Which one is best

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
bargain-hosting.net

Anti Virus - Which one is best

Post by bargain-hosting.net »

Hi,

I installed Nortons anti virus corp 7.1 the default file is incorrect, the program is in \Program Files\NavNT\ what is the file name what should be used?

Also does Mcafee anti virus 7 work ok and whats the main file name? i just uploading that now to my server for installation see if that one works ok.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Hi there,

I have been using various versions of Mcafee for a while now without any problems. I am currently using version 7 and all seems OK.

The program file is C:\Program Files\Mcafee\Scan.exe

I also have the following command line settings:

/ALL /ANALYSE /DEL /NOBOOT /NOMEM /UNZIP /SILENT

Hope this helps.

Martyn

Post by Guest »

mcafee 7 wouldnt work on windows 2000 server or windows 2003 i used someone other one anyway whats works i think! doent seem to be any different, thanks for your reply.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

After the last reply saying version 7 does not work, I have spent a few hours sending various virus emails to my system from a number of different sources. Every time they got removed from the email before they got through to my email client.

If it does not work on some systems it must be because it is not configured correctly.

puzzled

Re: Anti Virus - Which one is best

Post by puzzled »

bargain-hosting.net wrote:I installed Nortons anti virus corp 7.1 the default file is incorrect, the program is in \Program Files\NavNT\ what is the file name what should be used?
By default, ME Pro expects VSCAND.EXE (NAV's command line scanner) in c:\navcorp. You can change its location in MTA properties. ME uses only the command line scanner, not the Windows program. If you run the Windows program on the same machine as ME, but sure to exclude all the ME folders and the NAV folder (where decompression takes place) from both real-time and scheduled scans.