Inform Sender that mail has marked as SPAM

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Sitepoint

Inform Sender that mail has marked as SPAM

Post by Sitepoint »

Hi,

I'm using Spam-Assassin to identify Mails as Spam.
RIght now, I just move marked mails to the junk-folder.
But this still leads to a huge spam-arise to my clients
Before Spam Assassin, I used a third party tool, that didn't deliver spam-mails to the receiver, if the spam-level was higher than a certain spam-level, And also, the sender of the mail was informed, that the mail was refused cause of spam-detection.

Is there a way to configure mailenable to do this?

I could quarantine all mails, that are marked as spam and inform the sender about the "not delivered to", but I guess it is not a good idea to response to all real spam mails (even because there are several thousands a day).

So can anyone tell me a best practise approach to that?

Thanks for any ideas!

Have a nice day -

Thomas

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Inform Sender that mail has marked as SPAM

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

HI,
I'm using Spam-Assassin to identify Mails as Spam. RIght now, I just move marked mails to the junk-folder. But this still leads to a huge spam-arise to my clients.
What filter do you have in place within MailEnable to move to the junk email folder for the mailbox? Are you saying that messages that are marked as spam by spam assassin are still being delivered to the mailboxes "Inbox" folder?

Notifying a sender that a message has been marked as spam is not ideal as you your server may become a source of back scatter spam. You really need to implement stricter rules and analyse the type of spam getting through to determine what security options and filters you need to implement.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Sitepoint

Re: Inform Sender that mail has marked as SPAM

Post by Sitepoint »

Hi,

yes, I move all mails, that are marked as Spam in the Junk-Folder of the post office.
Before I tried to setup filters with the positive weight-index, but my filters didn't apply reliable.
Is there a best practise setup? Or is there a service of the mailenalbe team I can purchase to setup this for my?

Best regards -

Tom