Codes on failed login logfile line

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
swanzey

Codes on failed login logfile line

Post by swanzey »

Can you tell me what 51 and 45 codes mean? Where can I find these codes in the docs? I have looked everywhere.

12/08/18 19:32:39 IMAP-IN 3044 xx.xxx.149.38 LOGIN LOGIN xxxncer@xxxxxx.com ******* 2 NO LOGIN Failed - Invalid username or password. 51 45

I am totally stumped as to why only this email account is giving problems; no other account with similar configurations is having problems like this one. It will work/connect for a while but all of a sudden fail on logins. It is on an iphone using apple's own email app.

Any insight is appreciated.

swanzey

Re: Codes on failed login logfile line

Post by swanzey »

Could someone at mailenable please direct me to some documentation as to these codes? I am sporadically getting login failures for some strange reason; no change of password, just after some login failures the email account is locked out. I would really like to get to the bottom of this with your help.

thank you in advance.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Codes on failed login logfile line

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Most likely the mailbox is being locked out because you have the "Lockout account for amount of hours" under the localhost > policies tab.

http://www.mailenable.com/documentation ... icies.html

As to why its being locked out you will need to inspect the SMTP log files or any other service log files to see if the client is failing to authenticate against other services. Perhaps the client has another device connected with incorrect credentials. We don't recommend using the lockout option and using the "Abuse detection and prevention" option instead.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support