Is it possible to block receiving emails from a particular IP address?

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
tdehan

Is it possible to block receiving emails from a particular IP address?

Post by tdehan »

I am receiving threatening emails from someone masquerading as my email address. The FROM line says that it is my email address. However, it is not. When looking at the properties of the mail header I can see the actual domain and IP address these emails are coming from.

Is there a way within ME Pro to block the server from receiving emails from particular IP addresses or domains?

thanks

Tim

tdehan

Re: Is it possible to block receiving emails from a particular IP address?

Post by tdehan »

75 views and zero response?

mik3ron

Post by mik3ron »

tdehan wrote:I am receiving threatening emails from someone masquerading as my email address. The FROM line says that it is my email address. However, it is not. When looking at the properties of the mail header I can see the actual domain and IP address these emails are coming from.

Is there a way within ME Pro to block the server from receiving emails from particular IP addresses or domains?

thanks

Tim
Hello tdehan,

Sorry you haven't received any help on this. I just recently started using MailEnable and I'm new here to the forums.

If I understand your request, you are looking to trash\spam all emails from a particular email server IP. This can be done using a custom filter within the ME Admin console. To set this up, go to Messaging Manager>filters then right click and create a new filter. Using the standard criteria (first option), you will select "Where the originators IP address matches" then under actions, you will hit "Add Action" and instruct the filter on what to do next, like moving the message to the deleted email or spam folders.

Hope this helps!

tdehan

Post by tdehan »

Thanks for the reply. The steps you provided only allows me to enter one IP address. I would like to enter more than one.

tdehan

Post by tdehan »

Is there a way to add more than just one IP address. I assume there must be some way to edit the script? Where are the scripts located?

cfdynamics

Post by cfdynamics »

You could just block the IP from connecting to the SMTP service. Under the inbound tab of the SMTP service you can deny access by any number of IPs.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

mik3ron

Post by mik3ron »

This is true, sorry about that. Also the SMTP Inbound option would be a better solution anyways as its easier to manage.

For my system, I just block the IP's on the router, before they ever get to the server. I know this option is available to everyone and is why i didn't suggest it.

Cheers