DNS blacklisting vs whitelists

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
KPE

DNS blacklisting vs whitelists

Post by KPE »

We have chosen to move all mails caught by DNS blacklists to the Junk E-mail folder (on a system level).

Sometimes good mails goes into the Junk E-mail folder, and we then tell people to whitelist those in the webmail interface.
However, the whitelisting doesn't prevent the good mails from entering the junk folder next time.

Could you fix this, so whatever you configure as a counter measure is overruled by the whitelisting.

KPE

Re: DNS blacklisting vs whitelists

Post by KPE »

Do I need to create a support ticket (costing me money), to appoint errors in your software?
I think this needs to be addressed, as it otherwise doesn't make sense to have whitelist.

mheidelberger

Post by mheidelberger »

In the email headers is it being marked as junk?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Check the headers of the email received to see what it was send as. i.e. try checking Return-Path of the email and see if it matches what they have entered in the whitelist (and make sure it is not in the blacklist).

KPE

Post by KPE »

I've looked, and the return path is not the same as the from address - so that explains why it's then not working. But shouldn't it work regardless of that?

The system uses the from address when you click "Add to whitelist" in the webmail interface, so it's a little "tricky" if you need to explain to all users, that this is not working as expected.