Authenticate to IMAP using full email address. Is it possible?

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
cmiller@atcomm.com

Authenticate to IMAP using full email address. Is it possible?

Post by cmiller@atcomm.com »

We're moving to a cloud-based CRM and to use our the IMAP email server to integrate with their front end we need to be able to use our entire email address to sync with IMAP. Their system does not allow any input other than a valid email address. I was wondering if it was possible to allow full email address authentication for IMAP only (not POP or Webmail) in ME? I've read about renameing the post office to name.com versus just name but the impact of such a change is not listed.

This could be a sticking point as to whether we continue to use Mail Enable. A previous attempt to sync with another cloud-based CRM found no support for ME Pro and our company is looking to get there quickly.

I would hate to leave ME behind. I've used it for many years.

cmiller@atcomm.com

Re: Authenticate to IMAP using full email address. Is it possible?

Well,

I upgraded my version 9 to version 10 successfully and I still do not see a way to modify the 'Username for Mail Clients' field that would allow Apptiva to authenticate and synchronize an IMAP email box.

Is there something I missed again Ian? You input would be greatly appreciated.

cmiller@atcomm.com

Continuing this dialogue with myself...

When you upgrade to 10 and label the post office with the .com extension that allows one to use full address authentication, will ME still accept the abbreviated login allowed previously? We have a few automated processes that use the abbreviated username convention that may lose the ability to send mail automatically unless we change each and every one to add the .domain part.

Ian, if you're there, tap the wall a few times please.

cmiller@atcomm.com

I am able to confirm that all login methods continue to function after checking the box that allows using your full email address to authenticate. nice feature upgrade Ian.

The answer was:

Upgrade to version 10 and turn on the feature.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Apologies for not chiming in earlier. Yes, the option was added to version 10. Its located within the "Localhost" properties node under the "Auth Policies" tab named "Allow email addresses as usernames". Glad you were able to work it out.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support