When does 1.6 Pro Release????

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Keith G

Beta Issues, No Response, and Next Release...

Post by Keith G »

Hi ME Folks - We see that the 1.6 pro beta did not go to production last week. I downloaded the beta (mepro b10.exe) and found an issue with the list server - when an invalid external email address (with a valid non-local domain) is in a list, the error notifications (NDLs, etc) get sent to THE LIST instead of the originator's email address, causing them to go to bad mail (since it's a loop) and never get seen by anyone.

I sent email to beta@mailenable.com as instructed about 1 1/2 weeks ago and have heard nothing... Can you tell us the new plan for 1.6 release and if it will have a fix to the above item?

HELP PLEASE,
Keith

JoshWithrow

Post by JoshWithrow »

SO it didn't make release this week either... any possible timeframe?

MrByte

Post by MrByte »

so.. almost another week went by... any updates on this release?
.MrByte

webafrica

Post by webafrica »

Im sure they working hard on it.

I would prefer it take longer and it be 100% stable than rush it out the door.

Insanity5902

Post by Insanity5902 »

webafrica wrote:Im sure they working hard on it.

while frustrating to wait, it is so unbelievable true.

fmaxwell

Post by fmaxwell »

webafrica wrote:Im sure they working hard on it.

I agree with you. While there are many features I would like (e.g., wildcard processing of addresses -- *master@domain.com, *sales@domain.com, etc.), I've learned to be patient since the ME developers are doing a great job at releasing a rock-solid, stable product. I don't want the ME team to start emulating the Microsoft development model where more efforts are expended towards adding features than towards making the product stable and secure.

Keith G

Post by Keith G »

Personally, I'd settle for an updated beta drop with whatever fixes have been implemented since the last one.

JoshWithrow

Post by JoshWithrow »

^^^ I'd go for that as well.

Post by Guest »

You absolutely do not want that. 1.54 is exactly that, and our performace has been incredibly poor since that release.

As much as we need 1.6 to come out, I'd really rather it be right.

Brad

Still waiting on release

Post by Brad »

are we still waiting on this 1.6 release?

JoshWithrow

Post by JoshWithrow »

yes... i sure hope it's an improvement to webmail, security, bugs, AND some functionality... these guys have had us on our toes for weeks... :(

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Lukaszb,
I have checked your logged call 4830 and can confirm that the issue talks solely about filtering, it does not seem to be finalized as the last correspondence was awaiting for a final response from yourself.

You can see the complete call history yourself in online services and if closed prematurely you can open via online services or by clicking the link in the footer of any MailEnable reply. The MailEnable support services has a 100% positive outcome policy for any issue directly regarding the product, of course with our volume of customers we cannot follow up when a customer does not reply. Also in many cases a positive result can occur and we are not alerted and correspondence is closed, hence the automatic ticketing closure.

Now the 1.6 version has reached the longest development cycle the company has ever had. This is for varied reasons many of them have been touched on in this thread. We have announced that the version 2 release is currently under development as this is a major platform release we realize that the last couple of minor platform releases must be made stable on current features even recently released ones and must have all control panel integration mods included.

We know this is on a knives edge at the moment and the developers are feverishly trying to complete the version, but are not wanting to cut corners due to the reasons previously mentioned. Due to these constraints and the need for all the necessary inclusions a time line of release is irresponsible for now but not too far away.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

MyServerGuy

Post by MyServerGuy »

LOL I think we just like the reassurance :) I know it's coming, but it drives me nuts that I didn't have it last week... not in a bad way, just a... well, I think you know what I mean. I'm just a spaz. I guess that's it. lol.

Brad

Post by Brad »

I can't believe how I am watching this thread looking for 1.6 to come. It's like I am 6 years old watching out my window for Santa Clause to come flying though my neighborhood.

schl_central

Any news...

Post by schl_central »

Any news on an upgrade date? Anxiously waiting! Go ME!

Jim H.
J. Helmbrecht