Lost Contact List!!!

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
davevt5

Lost Contact List!!!

Post by davevt5 »

... you can save some time & skip down two posts ... there you will find the bug.

Ok, I have been painstakingly copying & pasting my contacts into Webmail. None of them saved! & the ones I had are gone!

I did not refresh the main page after each time I created a new contact, rather I just hit the "Compose" button again and added the next one. I did this about 30 times before I thought that I'd better check it out. Now all of my contacts are gone. I had about 5 before this process so is it possible that something I added screwed it up? The only thing I did that was 'out of the ordinary' was add email addresses in the 'department' field for the contacts that had multiple email addresses... would this have messed it up?

Please let me know... :cry:
Last edited by davevt5 on Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

davevt5

they're on the server... just not showing up.

Post by davevt5 »

Ok, I went into the folder & saw all of the contact .VCF cards listed (user@domain.com.VCF)

So it would appear that only an index? file is not updated... is there an index file? Can I reset/delete it somehow to make the contacts show up...

This seems similar to the post:
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... t=contacts
titled "can you import contacts from outlook to webmail??"
which talks about converting outlook contacts to VCFs and then they don't show up... I wish I could have started w/ VCF files but this list of contacts is from my old HotMaiL account.

please advise...

davevt5

figured it out...

Post by davevt5 »

Well, I figured it out! I copied & pasted each of the contacts into the folder & refreshed until it broke.... looks like WebMail has something against Grandma & Grandpa... seriously!

Here's the bug...

You can add the and symbol --> &

but Webmail croaks when you do and won't show any contacts in the list.

Should be an easy fix.