Get System Options

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
QuadRoM

Get System Options

Post by QuadRoM »

Hi guys
I have got an easy question. How can i get system options using web service API?
Current "GetOption" function in "SystemOptions.asmx" only returns 0 or 1.
Do i have to write my own service for this function?

Thanks...

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Get System Options

Post by MailEnable »

The Get function appears to be purely a generated wrapper, and does not seem to actually return anything other than success ie: http://meprotocols.localhost/webservice ... .asmx?WSDL
I have raised an issue to have the interface extended to provide more control over system options. It will be available in subsequent updates, but I will post a reference link here when it is available.
Regards, Andrew

QuadRoM

Post by QuadRoM »

Thanks,
I created my own service.

itrdev

Post by itrdev »

I, too, need the GetOption() function.

Interestingly, SetOption() works just fine, but GetOption() does not. (I'm using ME Enterprise 7.5.)

Is there any update on the GetOption() function? Is there an alternative? (Yes, I realize that the postoffice.sys file can scanned to check the value, but my application is running on a different server so I cannot access that file.)

QuadRoM

Post by QuadRoM »

I created my own web service on .net framework with c#
Add MailEnable.Administration.ddl as reference to your project.
http://www.mailenable.com/developer-resources.asp (Libraries and Assemblies - Admin assemblies)
There is SystemOption class in this dll.
Here is my code

Code: Select all

[WebMethod]
        public string GetSystemOption(string query, int scope, string valueName)
        {
            SystemOption option = new SystemOption();
            option.Query = query;
            option.Scope = scope;
            option.ValueName = valueName;
            int l = option.GetOption();

if (l == 0)
                return null;

return option.Value;
        }
For more information MailEnable API .NET Reference

faris

Post by faris »

You will find that the problem is environment related and that there are missing Microsoft runtime files that required in order to register the MailEnableMS32.dll. Download the following Microsoft runtime pack from the link below and install on the client machine and then reinstall the MAPI client?

itrdev

Post by itrdev »

faris wrote:Download the following Microsoft runtime pack from the link below and install on the client machine and then reinstall the MAPI client?
Thanks for the info. The link is missing, though, perhaps removed by the system? Any chance of posting it again or giving specific name so we can find it via Google?

I'm curious as to why MAPI is necessary to access the system options from the .NET API. I thought MAPI was what Outlook used to communicate with MailEnable like it does with Exchange (and not via POP3 or IMAP).