API Guide documentation is obsolete

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
miguelth

API Guide documentation is obsolete

Post by miguelth »

Hello,

I develop a software for migrate account from a server to another (internal company usage and specifications).

I read the MailEnable API Guide (http://www.mailenable.com/developers/Ma ... 0Guide.pdf) but its a old out of date document (25th May 2012). It's more than 3 years old.

I have installed the new v9 Enterprise edition (because we migrate from v6 to v9) and I notice that some properties are missing from the API Guide.

Example for MailBox object, this properties is not referenced in the API Guide pages 26-27 :
  • Priority
    AutoResponderRestrictionState
    AutoResponderStartTime
    AutoResponderFinishTime
I have compiled all options I had found in the configuration and the list count 99 items. It's more than the API Guide.

Do you have a more recent API Guide?

I would like to have an up to date list of ValueName that I can use with the Mailbox.GetMailboxStringValue() function.

Thank,
Miguel

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: API Guide documentation is obsolete

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The docs have been updated. Please refer to: http://www.mailenable.com/developers/NE ... erence.pdf
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

miguelth

Re: API Guide documentation is obsolete

Post by miguelth »

Ho, the .net guide is more newer than the API guide!

I use MailEnable.Administration.dll, v1.0.5207.23894

If I check the class MailEnable.Administration.Directory and the function DirectoryEntry_GetProperty, I get a different method signature.

public extern static int DirectoryEntry_GetProperty(ref string ItemKey, ref string PropName, ref long Result, ref int ResultSize);

In the document :
Function DirectoryEntry_GetProperty(ByVal PropName As String, Optional ByVal ItemKey As String = "") As Object

Maybe I must use MailEnable.Store for read contact detail?? But in this case I don't know why the Administration DLL offer the Directory interface. :?