Enterprise version?

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
David Payer

ohhhhhhh

Post by David Payer »

json wrote:Latest rumor is that it will go into beta in March.

regards,
J.

ooooooo, I like rumors!

Shall we start one on which year in March? 8)

David P.

json

Post by json »

No idea, ask the guy that posted the "rumor":

http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=962

regards,
J.

cassius

Post by cassius »

Got this e-mail regarding this issue from support, for those interested:
Shaun,

In regards to our widely awaited Enterprise Version the release is nearer and while we cannot at the moment realistically give an exact date all information coming from the developers is that all implementations are completed but now are awaiting the completion of the MAPI function which was a relatively late inclusion to the Ent model but we feel an important and exciting one.

It has taken longer than expected but this is mainly due to two reasons we keep adding new and exciting features and we really want to release a solid platform that you our customer is 100% happy with.

At the moment we have got some fairly major sights doing some testing and hope to have a beta available soon……………

You will be eligible for the reduced upgrade price with the difference being the price of any previous purchased product.

So I guess don’t worry it is definitely on its way…………………….

Cheers,
Ben.

cassius

Post by cassius »

That was from last Thursday the 19th by the way. Haven't heard from them since then.

cassius

Post by cassius »

It's March! grumble grumble.... =)

cassius

Post by cassius »

Got this yesterday.
Hi,

We are within a week or 2 of the first public beta. I'm not sure at this stage how long before it is available for purchase, but most of the new components will be available in this beta. We're in the stage of packaging all the various items for the beta now (the new webmail, filtering, IMAP, database providers, remote administration).

Thanks
Peter Fregon
MailEnable Pty. Ltd.
Just thought I'd keep you guys updated. =)

cassius

Post by cassius »

'Tis the Ides of March...

cassius

Post by cassius »

Enterprise has been released!

Okay, april fools. But seriously, it's April 1st guys! Isn't that the SECOND quarter? I want to give you guys more of my money and you're not making it easy!! >=)

djwhisky

Post by djwhisky »

cassius wrote: I want to give you guys more of my money and you're not making it easy!! >=)
He he - to be honest though i'd prefer to give them some more of my money and get a stable bit of software rather than a buggy bit... but saying that, it would be nice to get some kind of update on timing....

sunpost

Post by sunpost »

LMAO :!:

at this point i would settle for an Alpha release.

Matth

Give up...

Post by Matth »

Ever since I have come across this site (and was very delighted to find a free mail server) I was keen on the functionality that was promised in the enterprise version.

But the release dates keep being pushed pack and I have now been waiting for more than a year for this software to be released.

I guess I'll give up and shop somewhere else, cos honestly I don't believe I'll ever see even a beta version.

Are you trying to write a final final version which will never be updated or improved?? Why don't you just release what you have and improve on that?

Matthias

cassius

Post by cassius »

Support, can you update your website to show something other than Q1 2004 for the beta release of Enterprise? Considering it's now the second quarter...

Also, any updated eta on this besides what quarter you're aiming for? I was under the impression it was basically finished, just the finishing touches were being added.

sunpost

Post by sunpost »

getting the silent treatment :?:

sunpost

Post by sunpost »

looks like It's ON :!:
...Our new Enterprise edition which a beta edition will be available at the end of this week...
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=4228

MrK

Post by MrK »

sunpost wrote:looks like It's ON
Haven't we been here before? :wink:

I want to believe it, but experience tells me otherwise. Come on MailEnable, prove me wrong! :)