Downloading / Uploading data with MAPI connector

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
webshaun

Downloading / Uploading data with MAPI connector

Post by webshaun »

Please make the notification a balloon in the notification toolbar instead of a popup in the center of the users screen for the MAPI Connector v1.51. It is my users biggest complaint and it is causing a lot of confusion. If it was a passive alert like when connectivity is lost, then users wont have as much of a problem with it.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Downloading / Uploading data with MAPI connector

Post by MailEnable »

Thanks for the suggestion - I agree that it would be the ideal. But, unfortunately the outlook interface does not allow this to occur (Microsoft's own services apparently directly access private or unpublished interfaces). There There are many forum threads (on developer websites) where people have attempted to show progress using the preferred mechanism and have not been able to. From what I recall, there are hints of these interfaces being published in future outlook versions (I think at the time we were dealing with OL 2002-2007, so its possible that 2010-2013+ might permit this).

We have been working (particularly in recent versions) to reduce the necessity of showing progress dialogs. There are more improvements that can be made here and we will continue to develop them accordingly.
Our developer resources are somewhat tied up into version 7 at the moment, but we will work on our continued improvements to the connector thereafter.
Regards, Andrew