batch delete users

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
tmorg

batch delete users

Post by tmorg »

Is there a way to batch delete users from a txt file. We have tons of accounts that still exist in the server that no longer need to be and one by one is a real pain. I have a txt file of no-existant employees that need to be deleted and wonder if there is a command line utility or something to allow those users to be removed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

tmorg

Re: batch delete users

Post by tmorg »

I never got a reply on this post. I am running the latest version of ME and need to audit users. I have employees that no longer work for our company that we overlooked when removing information. We have a csv file that has all the users that need to be removed I just need a way to perform a batch delete. Is there a way to do this? Maybe an exe of some type or command line utility? Any help appreciated.

aahq

Re: batch delete users

Post by aahq »

Hi,

Maybe you could create some form of grep based batch file that searches and deleted the line where the username matches your list?

May be just as easy to search each user and delete, depending on the amount that wait for the utility to appear.

There is a gotcha here in that to do this properly the batch file would need to do the "grep" line delete and then would have to move the Post Office structure of the user to an archived location (for neat and tidiness).

The other way would be to write some code for this in VB or such. It probably wouldn't be more than 100 lines of code?

Scott