Mailenable in Win2K8 Failover cluster

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jmurdock

Mailenable in Win2K8 Failover cluster

Post by jmurdock »

I am trying to set up mailenable in a fail-over cluster configuration. I have the cluster created, and I installed MailEnable (twice) using a shared SAN drive for all the relevant files.

In trying to set up the actual mailEnable I have to choose a service or application 'type'. The only one that looks to be right is 'Generic Application'. For this I am required to provide a command line and parameters that would be used to launch mail enable.

Can anyone provide this? I am not sure what applications (more than one I am sure) need to be started if the server fails over.

The other option is to use the choice 'Other Server', which is described as 'Provides a client access point and storage only. Add an application after completing the wizard.' Which also might be the correct choice.

I know this is weird, load-balancing seems more logical but I am just the troll in the back. I gotta do what I iz told. :wink:

If anyone knows the script I would need please provide it. If anyone has actually done this (or something similar) before please let me know what you did.

Thanks very much.

bluecat

Re: Mailenable in Win2K8 Failover cluster

Post by bluecat »

Hi!

Have you managed to successfully configured mailenable on top of Windows Cluster?
I'm currently looking for similar setup but can't find white paper configuration for clustering for clustered windows server.