stop using smart host and meroute

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
kather

stop using smart host and meroute

Post by kather »

I have a domain for what I have used smart hosting & meroute to reroute the mail to a external mailbox.
Now it's no longer neceesary to use that external box so I havbe removed the smart host setting on the domain. I have made the proper DNS settings etc. But now I see that mail to this domain is not delivered locally or better I see that each mail is delivered serveral times and then placed in the bad mail folder.
When I do a diagnose I don't see the domain in the list of "Hosted Domain Resolution Test".

I have thried the utility "BadMailToOutbound"to place the relevant bad mail items back to the queue but this didn't work.

I think there are 2 problems; first somewhere the smart host setting is still active and misleading the mail handling. second how to place the bad mail into the queue for a new delivery?

we are on windows 2008; ME Enterprise Edition 6. Also running MxUptime as filter.

Hope someone has some clues.. thanx

Walther

nb. of course we have tried several reboots of 1) all the services 2) even the mail server

kather

Re: stop using smart host and meroute

Post by kather »

Oke I found in the file "\config\domain.sav" a reference for the domain/ postoffice to the external ip. Even after I changed it in the ME control panel (restarting services). But removing the reference did not the trick (the domain was now listed on the diagnostic view "Hosted Domain Resolution Test"). So I had removed the domain / postoffice and create a new one. Mail is now handling correct.

Still trying to place relevant items of "Bad mail" with the tool "BadMailToOutbound" to be reprocessed. Still no luck.

Any ideas??