Mobile Webmail

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Matth

Mobile Webmail

Post by Matth »

Hi

I just tried to configure mobile mail on my server, but when I access the site I get the following error message:

"Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mobile' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.WebControlsMobile._Default" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls" Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %>
Line 3:
Line 4: <mobile:Form runat="server" id="LoginForm">

Source File: /Default.aspx Line: 2"

How can I fix that?

Matth

Re: Mobile Webmail

Post by Matth »

Update

When I follow the "mobile" link on the normal webmail login I can successfully load the mobile version.

But when I try to access it through its own domain (mm.xxx.com) then I get the above error message.

And I also tried to forward an email through the mobile webmail and when trying to send I just got an error message saying:

"Error Loading Page"

Matthias

benmutlu

Post by benmutlu »

Did you fix it ? I have same problem

Matth

Post by Matth »

I have now solved the "Error Loading Page" through the MEInstaller.exe tool in the BIN directory and resetting option 13.

On the above error I found a solution to set a registry key. I tried that one, to now just get another error message when running the Mailenable Mobile. The error message is below.

Any tips on this to resolve??

Thanks in advance.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mobile' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.WebControlsMobile._Default" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls" Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %>
Line 3:
Line 4: <mobile:Form runat="server" id="LoginForm">

Source File: /Default.aspx Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Mobile' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = SLS-AD4P2\IME_ADMIN
LOG: DisplayName = System.Web.Mobile
(Partial)
WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
WRN: Assembly Name: System.Web.Mobile | Domain ID: 3
WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
WRN: See whitepaper http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109270 for more information and common solutions to this issue.
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/Mail Enable/BIN/NETMobile/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN\NETMobile\bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files\Mail Enable\BIN\NETMobile\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: \\?\c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

AntonioTC

Post by AntonioTC »

Hi.

We realized we have the same problem in our company mail.
Upgrading to 4.35 (last version of last month for Mailenable 4) and the problem still remains.

I think the namespace is missing from ddls in bin folder MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.WebControlsMobile

We almost don't use this app but we do appreciate any help.

Regards.

AntonioTC

Post by AntonioTC »

Hi again.

I have just realized that is not exactly the same problem: Ours is that MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.WebControlsMobile is missing.

----------------------------------

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load 'MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.WebControlsMobile._Default'.

Source error:

Line 3:

Source file: /default.aspx Line: 1

AntonioTC

Post by AntonioTC »

Hi.

I have found the problem. The right namespace of the assembly is MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.Mobile and no MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.WebControlsMobile.

Once changed in aspx headers, I got other problem related to different signature in somw methods, so finally I decided to restore this application from a backup from MailEnable 4.26 and now it is working.

It seems that the app shipped with version 4.30 and up is broken and not properly tested.

Regards.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

4.3? wow, old version. You may wish to consider upgrading to a newer version and you will enjoy the nicer interface and more features.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!