7.55 Webmail (Attachment) not working

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

7.55 Webmail (Attachment) not working

Post by rfwilliams777 »

For sure the attachment capability does not work in 7.55. I got a schema error. I had to downgrade back to 7.54 so my users can use the webmail. They were saying there were other issues with the webmail.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

cfdynamics

Re: 7.55 Webmail (Attachment) not working

Post by cfdynamics »

I updated to 7.55 this AM and just tested a small attachment (.zip file) with no trouble. Is there a certain size that attachments become trouble for you?
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I just click on Attachment and got a schema error. Others got the same thing.
Robert Williams, Owner
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!

hasdeep

Post by hasdeep »

We have also upgraded to the latest version of Mailenable enterprise premium 7.55 after receiving critical update mail from mailenable. After upgrading our users have started facing problem in webmail while composing message if they click on attachment to attach files, they are getting following error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<BASEELEMENT SCHEMA="TIMEOUT" METHOD="">
</BASEELEMENT>

Is there any solution?? Can we restore to an earlier version without effecting any user mails and configuration?? How can we downgrade as we believe there is serious error in mail attachment from webmail in version 7.55.

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

I am not having this issues with 7.55 but I do have custom permissions and configurations set for performance and security.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

hasdeep wrote:Is there any solution?? Can we restore to an earlier version without effecting any user mails and configuration?? How can we downgrade as we believe there is serious error in mail attachment from webmail in version 7.55.
I overinstalled 7.54 on 7.55 and reloaded a copy of a working read.aspx file and I am working. I hope ME will get 7.55 working.
Robert Williams, Owner

hasdeep

Post by hasdeep »

rfwilliams777 wrote:
hasdeep wrote:Is there any solution?? Can we restore to an earlier version without effecting any user mails and configuration?? How can we downgrade as we believe there is serious error in mail attachment from webmail in version 7.55.
I overinstalled 7.54 on 7.55 and reloaded a copy of a working read.aspx file and I am working. I hope ME will get 7.55 working.
Can you tell me where I can find read.aspx file. Please tell me the location of the file. I have different domains setup...is it common for all or different for each domain? Is there an online link to follow the steps for restoration.

hasdeep

Post by hasdeep »

rfwilliams777 wrote:For sure the attachment capability does not work in 7.55. I got a schema error. I had to downgrade back to 7.54 so my users can use the webmail. They were saying there were other issues with the webmail.
I have fixed the issue for webmail attachment problem with version 7.55. The problem was due to the web.config of MailEnable not being correct for the version of .Net the webmail is running under. Try running the MEInstaller.exe application from the Mail Enable\bin directory. In the screen that shows, select the last option "Reset IIS Virtual Directory Configuration settings for ASP/ASPX Platform". When you run this, either select .Net 2 or .Net 4. You will need to restart IIS and this solved my issue and now working fine :)

Regards,
Hasdeep S. Kohli
H K Digital Online – An Initiative of Iknoor Technology Pvt. Ltd.
www.hkdigitalonline.com

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I did what you suggested. So far so good.
Robert Williams, Owner

hanzzz

Post by hanzzz »

Worked for me also Thanks !

Which one is the preferred methode to select: .Net 4 32 bit or .Net 4 64 bit ?

thechatking

Post by thechatking »

We had the same problem with both 7.56 and 8.00, but running MEInstaller, as described above, caused an error ("Key not set", or suchlike) and did not fix anything. We were able to get attachments working by manually switching the MailEnableAppPool application pool to ASP.NET 2 (was previously 4).

isaak

Post by isaak »

Same here. I had to manually change MailEnableAppPool application pool from ASP.NET version 4 to version 2.

Is that a bug?

hanzzz

Post by hanzzz »

After the critical update and running MEInstaller option 13, I selected .Net 4 which solved some problems. But since then the ME POP service regularly stopped. I now switched the MailEnableAppPool application back to ASP.NET 2 (32 bit) (was previously 4, 32), by running MEInstaller option 13 again and ME seems to run fine and smoother now (sofar) .

esfahanhost

Post by esfahanhost »

i have same problem by attachment in webmail , when click on Attachment for add file show this page :

http://webmail.MySample.com/Mondo/Servlet/request.aspx

and this error :

<BASEELEMENT SCHEMA="TIMEOUT" METHOD=""></BASEELEMENT>

and this Warning in Event Viewer ( Application ) :

Event ID : 1309
Event code : 3003
Event message : A validation error has occurred.
Event time: 10/20/2018 5:04:51 PM
Event time (UTC): 10/20/2018 1:34:51 PM
Event ID: 1feeaccc5098456d8d042a855c27c30b
Event sequence: 25
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT-2-131845160724647622
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin\NetWebMail\
Machine name: MyHost

Process information:
Process ID: 77896
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: MyHost\IME_ADMIN

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpRequestValidationException
Exception message: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (MsgBody="<br>").
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateHttpValueCollection(HttpValueCollection collection, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm()
at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull)
at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information:
Request URL: http://webmail.MySample.com/Mondo/Servlet/request.aspx
Request path: /Mondo/Servlet/request.aspx
User host address: 0.0.0.0
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: MyHost\IME_ADMIN

i add ( requestValidationMode="2.0" ) to web.config in webmail installed path : ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin\NetWebMail )

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10240" executionTiemout="3600" requestValidationMode="2.0" />

and Restart IIS , Problem Resolved

Full Details in : https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/a ... D=ME020512

Best Regards