Provider Migration Not Switching to MySQL on 64bit

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
garyrowswell

Provider Migration Not Switching to MySQL on 64bit

Post by garyrowswell »

I've installed 64bit Enterprise 8.51 (unregistered at the moment) on to a server 2008 64bit machine. (My ultimate goal being a move from server 2003 to server 2008)

I have a 32bit install of ODBC 3.51 for the migration tool. The Migration tool couldn't create the DSN itself reporting "Unable to create DSN", so I created the (32bit) DSN myself. Initialise didn't work (again saying "Unable to create DSN") but I created the db structure myself (editing the db directly) using SQL from another install of MailEnable. This allowed me to successfully use the "Populate" button, and I can see the database has the test postoffice I had added, although it still says Media Blank.

It allowed me to press Activate on MySQL and I rebooted the machine. The Provider Migration Utility still says Status is Active for MySQL (but Media is Blank) Unfortunately I can see adding another postoffice is continuing to use the Tab files instead of MySQL so isn't using MySQL.

Are there some changes I can manually make in the registry to patch up what has been presumably missed, and force it to use the MySQL DSN (I have also set-up the 64bit DSN although it's a different driver version), I can see that it has various references to the MySQL DSN in the registry already.

Do you have a list of registry changes that would need to be made? Does Initialize do more than just create the DB structure as I skipped that step. Looks like the DSN is okay as the Populate button worked.

garyrowswell

Re: Provider Migration Not Switching to MySQL on 64bit

Post by garyrowswell »

Further experimentation found that the answer was to simply turn off UAC for the migration to work!