[SOLVED] Best Config & How To

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
MartynK

[SOLVED] Best Config & How To

Post by MartynK »

Are there any best practice or details instructions on how to configure the following all together:

HTTPS webmail and webadmin
EAS

I cannot for the life of me workout how to get both working at the same time on the same server.

I have a wildcard SSL cert, but cannot workout how to use it and configure all for both.

Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Best Config & How To

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You may need a dedicated IP address for SSL on each site. Do each sites have dedicated IP's for SSL? What steps have you taken so far to set it all up?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Yes, I have a few IP's and currently a GoDaddy wildcard SSL (*.mydomain.com) that I have on one of the IP's.

I am guessing I need to go register another SSL (eas.mydomain.com) or something like that to free the above one for web access ?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No you will able to bind the same certificate under each site so long as its bound to a dedicated IP address. Perhaps if you can provide more detail in regards to the problems you are having in the setup process we can assist further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Ian,

Thats simple, I am not sure exactly how to do this, in what order I need to do things, what binds to what etc.

Hence a guide or something, I looked in the manual (maybe I missed it), but could not see anything.

OK, so my eas is currently working on port 443 with the certificate.

So if I now create a new site within IIS manager, bind the new IP, attach the cert and point the webmail at it, all should work ?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
So if I now create a new site within IIS manager, bind the new IP, attach the cert and point the web mail at it, all should work ?
Yes, although not too sure why you are taking this route though (no real need to create a custom site and point it to the web mail folder). You could create a host header entry within DNS and point it to the dedicated IP address and add the host header entry under the "MailEnable Web Mail" website as a host header binding. The bindings would be: mail.example.com (bound to dedicated IP) - port 80 and same for the HTTPS binding.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Ian,

I was taking that route as I did not know of another, so I will give it a spin and see how I go.

Thanks

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Cool, after lots of messing around, new IPs, firewall changes and the like all is working.

Thanks