Moving server Enterprise 7.59

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
wisp

Moving server Enterprise 7.59

Post by wisp »

I want to move our Mailenable enterprise 7.59 to another server.

Moving from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I want to do it as a two step process. First move the mail boxes without data to the new server.

Then move the data over a few days (the data would still be accessible in the older server thru webmail) because the data is huge and may require many hours to transfer.

Is this possible. How do I go about it. Thanks a lot.

pmnit

Re: Moving server Enterprise 7.59

Post by pmnit »

Im in the same boat except I am on version 9.01. Trying to migrate over to a new server. One would think that they have documentation on how to do this correctly. And they probably do. I'm looking for it. :-=)

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

Found this:
ME020073 - HOWTO: How to copy or migrate MailEnable configuration and data from one server to another
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020073

wisp

Post by wisp »

Thank you pmnit. I want to move the postboxes without the data. How do I do that?

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

My best recommendation is to do a clean new install of ME on the new server and then manually create all the post offices, mailboxes, and set up all the settings. Then change DNS for users to start running on the new server. Then FTP the email from the old server into the new server. Be sure to delete the index files. You may have to do that a few times.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

wisp

Post by wisp »

Thanks rfwilliams777

THere might be an easier way, just found this article http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020024