How to migrate MailEnable to another Server

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
shawnwangws

How to migrate MailEnable to another Server

Post by shawnwangws »

Hi team,
We are hosting two MailEnable Enterprise. One of the hosted servers is not running stable so I would like to set up new server to run MailEnable.
I want to know what process I need deploy in this case? Do I have to purchase another license?
(The version of MailEnable is 8.61 with Windows Server 2003)

Thanks for advice.

Shawn

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: How to migrate MailEnable to another Server

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are the two servers in a cluster? Or are they two standalone MailEnable servers running two different configurations?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

shawnwangws

Post by shawnwangws »

At this stage, we want to set up one new server and migrate all configurations from old one to the new one then decommission the old one.
Is it possible?

Shawn

aahq

Post by aahq »

We have done this by using a third party utility called "fastcopy" to copy the config and postoffice structures after building a basic Mail Enable Server on another box.

It works but not approved :0

Scott

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

We recently migrated to a new Win 2008 server and it was relatively straightforward.

We created the new server, installed Mailenable, and then used rsync to sync ME configurations and post office configurations and email. We changed the IP of course and then ran rsync for a few more days just in case DNS was slow to propagate and also to identify any mail domains that still resolved to old server and update DNS for those.

It worked very well.