MailEnable not prompting to save password when logging in

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Post Reply
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:19 am

MailEnable not prompting to save password when logging in

Post by SC-GC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:01 am

There was a similar thread in the Professional Edition forum but there was no solution to it. And also this applies to Enterprise Edition.

The issue is that the browser does not prompt a user to save their username and password details when logging into Webmail.

I know it is up to the browser to detect saving the login info, but this is also affecting all browsers we have tested it on (Firefox, Chrome and Edge) all with cookies/cache cleared. I feel like it has prompted in the past, so something may have changed in a version update?

Our servers are running MailEnable Enterprise Edition version 9.75.

I notice that when we go to login to our MailEnable account: ... login.aspx
It does successfully detect and ask to save the password.

But not on our mail servers running ME. Thanks for your help.

Site Admin
Posts: 9247
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: MailEnable not prompting to save password when logging in

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:03 am


I tried this via various browsers and all prompted to save the credentials. Not to sure why yours is not working. Does it happen on all client machines or specific to your machine? Try and access the web mail client locally on the MailEnable server via http://localhost/mewebmail or http://mewebmail.localhost to see if it prompts to save.

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Re: MailEnable not prompting to save password when logging in

Post by VFSKeith » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:42 pm

We are having a similar issue.

We have determined that Chrome is prompting to remember passwords but FIrefox, Edge, and IE11 do not. The tests were done on 3 different Windows 10 PCs.

I began troubleshooting FireFox itself to no avail. After putting several hours into browser troubleshooting and getting nowhere, and considering this is affecting more than one browser, I have to conclude that there is something on the software/server end causing this. Below are the steps I took to troubleshoot FireFox;

• I created a new Firefox Profile.
• I tried safe mode.
• I cleared all cookies and cache.
• I reset Firefox.
• I created a Firefox account and logged my browser in.
• I ensured there were no exceptions on the Forms & Password, and History options.
• I ensured I was not using Private browsing mode and that “Clear History when Firefox closes” was unchecked.
• I disabled Hardware acceleration.
• I turned tracking protection off.
• I renamed key3.db, logins.json and signons.sqlite files
• I uninstalled Firefox and then reinstalled Firefox, then tried everything all over again

We are using Enterprise 9.76 and do not wish to operate on Version 10. In the past, we have had bugs from new versions of ME cripple our business, so we typically stay away from new version releases until there have been several updates with bug fixes released.
Thank You,

Keith Damron

Post Reply