How to cancel the import of a mailbox

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Matth

How to cancel the import of a mailbox

Post by Matth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi

I have just moved the mailserver from another provider to my mailenable server. I setup the mailboxes manually on ME and have given the users the new credentials.

I have now tried to use the migration/import function in the webmail - options - advanced - import. I have entered the old username/password, port and server and started the import.

The interface says, that the import has started: "Your mailbox migration has been initiated. (0% Percent Complete)."

But since roughly 24 hours, nothing has been done. The progress is still at 0%. I checked on the server itself using the migration utility, and there is the same. 0% progress, and nothing is moving. I even restarted the services (and the whole server), but nothing moves. Now since the mailbox is not that big, I decided I will just manually move the mails/folders to the new server.

BUT how can I cancel that import feature? Where can I stop the import? While it shouldn't do any harm, it still bothers me that there's a dead process hanging somewhere. I'd like to cancel that import and just ignore that feature.

Matth

Re: How to cancel the import of a mailbox

Post by Matth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Strange enough, just after sending this post, the job failed with an error message. So problem solved, though it would be interesting to find out how to cancel that for future reference.