Issue with New Server Install

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

Issue with New Server Install

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I think I may have a resolution to my previous issue concerning the webmail crashing. I do not know for sure because I am in the middle of setting up a brand new server so I have not loaded the accounts to see if what I will do will fix it or if the problem is an issue with 10.23 of Enterprise. Anyway, I have an issue.

When I go to the Diagnose in the left pane, I see two errors.
Permissions: C:\MAILEN~1\Bin64 Problem: IME_SYSTEM not granted access. Reason: Checked 7 Entries (ACEs) in the Access List (DACL), but could not find account SID that matches within any of them. Warning Fail
Permissions: C:\MAILEN~1\Bin64\MEAIAU.DLL Problem: IME_SYSTEM not granted access. Reason: Checked 4 Entries (ACEs) in the Access List (DACL), but could not find account SID that matches within any of them. Warning Fail

What do I do and how do I fix this?

The difference between the old and new server is the old server is Windows 2012r2 and this is Windows 2016; the old server had 4 cores and this one has 8. This is also a clean install on the new server where the old one had multiple upgrades/updates over the 4+ years this server ran. I also applied the ME license thinking this may fix the issue. But the issue is still there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, is there a file that stores the user's webmail signature? It would be nice to capture this from the old server without having to re-create it for a number of people.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Issue with New Server Install

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Try and run the diagnostic report outside of the administration console. Open a Windows "Run" command and type: mediag. Check in the report if the permissions failures persist. If they all pass then you can ignore the diagnostic report misreporting them.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Re: Issue with New Server Install

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Thank you and you were right.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!