Change Log Directories

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
privateland

Change Log Directories

Post by privateland »

Hi
I have changed the location of all the MailEnable Enterprise (9.83) successfully to my "D" drive. All are good, save for the searchindexing.

The location is not configurable in the management console, and I can't find anything in the registry.

My new log location is working okay, but the searchindexing continues to create a

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Logging\MailboxSearchIndexing

and does not use the new directory set for it.

Further complication is that the Management logs are also recreated in the same location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Logging\RADMS

despite that change having been made under Management Properties in the console.

Not apparently causing any harm, but it does indicate a misconfiguration somewhere. Anyone any ideas?

For info, all services have been restarted after all changes, as well as a reboot of the entire system

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Change Log Directories

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The mailbox indexing service uses a third a party log engine and references the global logging path and cannot be changed in the service properties. Can only be altered by editing the registry. By editing this path it will also change some other services that rely on this logging path.

Open Windows reg edit and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable - "Activity Log Directory"
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support