Getting "MailEnable Services" web page when going to IP address of post office

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
kevvy

Getting "MailEnable Services" web page when going to IP address of post office

Post by kevvy »

Hi -

When someone types in https and any of the IP addresses on our server, a generic "MailEnable Services" page appears using the server's certificate (attached).

Is there any way for this page not to appear at all? We strongly prefer nothing at all or even the typical IIS "Not Found HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found" (which appears if I type http and the IP address.)

I did test setting up an IIS site with the same IP and a cert, and it worked, however I wanted to make sure this didn't impact email delivery to/from MailEnable in any way.

Thank you.

Kevin
Attachments
MESpageimage.jpg
MESpageimage.jpg (238.5 KiB) Viewed 5517 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Getting "MailEnable Services" web page when going to IP address of post office

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Sounds like you have a HTTPS binding under the "MailEnable Protocols" website to bind to all available IP's.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kevvy

Re: Getting "MailEnable Services" web page when going to IP address of post office

Post by kevvy »

Thanks, Ian.

I disabled the protocols website since it doesn't appear that we need it (we don't use activesync, syncml, autodiscover or custom web services.) We do use the mail connector but it doesn't appear to use this site. Everything appears to be working OK.

Is this OK, or do you not recommend disabling it?

Kevin

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

That is OK if you do not require synchronization services.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kevvy

Post by kevvy »

Thank you!