index.xml

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

index.xml

Post by jglazer »

I am finding that I have to delete this file for a customer in a variety of mailboxes now and then when a inbox is messed up, or a calendar, or, today, contacts. Why? How can it get screwed up? How can I stop it? Is there a way to let the customer rebuild this without my having to log in and delete it?

kiamori

Re: index.xml

Post by kiamori »

If this is happening that often you may have another issue, perhaps check your server for bad ram. It could also be a bad email client? does it happen to the same client or all different clients?

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

It seems to happen to one customer/mailbox quite often but I have others throughout the year (few and far between).

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of Enterprise are you running? Do you see windows event log errors being reported relating to index issues? Perhaps search your windows event log for that mailbox name.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

We have Enterprise Premium 10.29.

Honestly, it did not occur to me to look at the windows logs so I can next time.

Would it be beneficial to switch from flat files to SQL?

Thanks!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Migrating the configuration to an external database will help speed up service queries. However the index.xml files and message data is not stored within the database and therefore will not help with your problem. See how you go with the upgrade to the latest.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support