UnSubscribe HTML Code

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
MartynK

UnSubscribe HTML Code

Post by MartynK »

Has anyone developed anything that will allow for someone to put an HTML link at the bottom of a email sent via a mailing list that allows the recipient to unsubscribe ?

Basically I don't want them to have to send an email, I want them to be able to click a html link that prompts them to say yes or no. If they say yes then some code runs on the actual server that removes the from the mailing list.

Thanks

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

I'm looking at doing something like this and will let you know of any progress.

The first problem I struck was setting up the footer for the list. I can enter html code here and it looks fine if the mailing is html, but looks terrible in plain text. If there is no way to introduce a clickable link in that works in both html and text mailings then I will be abandoning the effort.

Cheers,
Brett

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Brett, I think I have worked out how to do it. The biggest problem is (as I have had no reply from anyone) is adding the recipients details into their specific copy of the email, so what I am going to do is:

1. Add functions into MEFilter that will allow for specific "Codes" to be placed in an email. If MEFilter finds them while processing it will replace them with values. An example "#MEF-RECIP#" will get replaced with the recipients email.

2. Write a simple HTML/ASP page so that when the user clicks the link, the mailing list name and recipient email is passed across. This can then call the MailEnable API to remove the recipient from the email address.

The biggest bit is the replacement of the codes within the email, because without this functionality you cannot create the user specific links to click.

If this sounds like what you need I will give it a go.

Let me know.

Laters

Martyn

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Hi Martyn,

To get the recipient details into the mail I have added the following as the footer setting in the list options:

<a href="http://www.company.com/unsublist.asp?PO ... IL]">Click here</a> to unsubscribe from this list.

This at least gets the correct details (PO, list and email) that will be needed (I think) in order to remove somebody.

Cheers,
Brett

itpostmaster

Re: UnSubscribe HTML Code

Post by itpostmaster »

Hello Brett,

the unsublist.asp is your own software ?

Or it is a function of mailenable or other software ?

I search it in the mailenable entreprise software folder but don't find it

Thanks

Sylvain.

woreirsis

Re: UnSubscribe HTML Code

Post by woreirsis »

Write a simple HTML/ASP page so that when the user clicks the link, the mailing list name and recipient email is passed across. This can then call the MailEnable API to remove the recipient from the email address.