MXscan - stuck queue - access denied error

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
sitesmithscott

MXscan - stuck queue - access denied error

Post by sitesmithscott »

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has run up against this when using mxscan with mailenable.

We are running Mailenable Enterprise 4.23 with Mxscan lite 2.1.100. It has been working well but we occasionally run into an issue where a single piece of email (always spam) will get stuck in the holding queue for spam processing. When this happens, all mail processing stops until we release the queue. Everything will empty out of the queue except the one piece of email that we have to manually delete for normal operation to continue. The error log for mxscan shows the following which repeats itself every minute until the offending email is deleted from the system. Not sure why suddenly one file would generate an access denied error.

12:47:40 [Log_Error-MxScanEngine]Error in [MxScanEngine-WorkClass-ParseMime]. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages\mxscan_hold_1\FD14E2B45017416DB614A8D25D375EF3_.MAI' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at bg.c()
12:47:45 [Log_Error-MxScanEngine]Error in [MxScanEngine-Monitor_Process_Inbound]. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at bg.c()

polarisie

Re: MXscan - stuck queue - access denied error

Post by polarisie »

sitesmithscott wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has run up against this when using mxscan with mailenable.

We are running Mailenable Enterprise 4.23 with Mxscan lite 2.1.100. It has been working well but we occasionally run into an issue where a single piece of email (always spam) will get stuck in the holding queue for spam processing. When this happens, all mail processing stops until we release the queue. Everything will empty out of the queue except the one piece of email that we have to manually delete for normal operation to continue. The error log for mxscan shows the following which repeats itself every minute until the offending email is deleted from the system. Not sure why suddenly one file would generate an access denied error.

12:47:40 [Log_Error-MxScanEngine]Error in [MxScanEngine-WorkClass-ParseMime]. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Queues\SMTP\Inbound\Messages\mxscan_hold_1\FD14E2B45017416DB614A8D25D375EF3_.MAI' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at bg.c()
12:47:45 [Log_Error-MxScanEngine]Error in [MxScanEngine-Monitor_Process_Inbound]. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at bg.c()

Do you have any resident based AntiVirus running? The error normally indicates that there is another process that has locked the file and MxScan is unable to get to it

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

sitesmithscott

Post by sitesmithscott »

I do, I have a copy of AVG running and I'm not using the ClamAV.

Perhaps I should enable ClamAV for MXscan and restrict AVG from those dirs? I'm going to give that a try.

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

sitesmithscott wrote:I do, I have a copy of AVG running and I'm not using the ClamAV.

Perhaps I should enable ClamAV for MXscan and restrict AVG from those dirs? I'm going to give that a try.

You may try excluding all MxScan directories and MailEnable from the Resident Shield.

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

Bhai

Post by Bhai »

at bg.c()
NAT