Bandwidth usage

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
teamaker

Bandwidth usage

Post by teamaker »

Oh when oh when oh when is mailenable going to have the facility to log the data traffic usage of a postoffice / mailbox facility, rather than the whole POP3 / SMTP service ?

Any chance in future versions the possibility of ODBC logging so we can log the stuff straight to a database rather than lots of log files hanging around?

That would be a really good feature.

If there's a utility out there already that does this, please let me know.

Regards,

Leslie

dbarker

Post by dbarker »

I second this :)

Our mailserver is putting loads of traffic through and it's not being tracked to individual customers so we can't bill those who email 20mb attachments the right amount! ;)

merk

Post by merk »

anything been done in regards to this? I'd really like an easy way to see the total bandwidth used by all the services running under mailenable. As well as seeing all the email sent/recieved by a particular postoffice. By domain breakdown would be nice too.

Nelson

Ditto

Post by Nelson »

Guys, we need an easy way to track the bandwidth. I have tried the log analyzer lite, it only gives me monthly stats for delivered messages.. Nothing else seems to import. Help... My bandwidth is through the roof and I cant figure out who it is.

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

I created a filter script that will log the following information:

Date/Time
MessageID
Connector (SMTP)
Sender Domain
Sender Email Address
Recipient Domain
Recipient Email Address
Message File Size

You could then import the file into a database and do whatever analysis you want.

You can download it from http://www.volcanictech.com/files/mailenable/

Kiliman

dwaldron

Post by dwaldron »

Many thanks for posting that utility, I have managed to set up an event and can haul the data into Excel OK, and that's where I come up against a challenge - I'm hopeless at Excel!

I don't suppose someone out there has written a spreadsheet to be able to analyse the data? If so could the kind soul please drop me a line!

Regards
Daniel

iampedro

Post by iampedro »

Please use this for the next release of Enterprise version so that people can regulate there bandwith of customers and also to be able to set a limit of the on the bandwith that a post office can do per month..

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

Any suggestions on running this in conjunction with ME Filter (Martyn's spam filter)?

paarlberg

Post by paarlberg »

Is this script still available?