SpamMagic

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
scree74

SpamMagic

Post by scree74 »

Good Afternoon

My Mailenable server is now 5 months old, after getting bombarded with Spam I enabled "grey listing" on the smtp connector after one of my users getting hit with the locky virus.

Enabling the grey listing has practically eradicated spam but users are still getting frustrated with the delay on genuine email is there any way of tweaking the settings, I will only add IP addresses to the grey list after some due diligence using ipgeek and mxtoolbox as domains canbe spoofed.

I then stumbled across SpamMagic as a mail enable partner, and her comes my question eventually! "if I started to use this product would I still need to employ greylisting? " and I would be very great full of any experiences people had with this product.

I am currently on me enterprise 9.02 and I will be upgrading over this weekend.

Many thanks in advance
Scott

aahq

Re: SpamMagic

Post by aahq »

Hi Scott,

Most people seem to be using Jam SpamAssassin and/or MX Scan. I have some different articles in this forum about how to set up the Source Forge version of Spam Assassin, how to strip compressed files for analysis and how to set up Sanesecurity's add-on for Clam AV.

I therefore don't use any of the inbuilt Spam Assassin, greylisting etc of Mail Enable (they just seem to get in the way). I find my method more comprehensive and manageable.

Scott

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I use MXScan and use their filters; however, Locky can get through because the AV needs to be current. We use Avast tied in with MXScan and it now filters Locky. But to prevent Locky is simply common sense. If you get an attachment from someone you do not know or were not expecting an email, delete it (don't let curiosity get the best of you). If it did come from someone you know but you were not expecting it, verify if they did send you something.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

cfdynamics

Post by cfdynamics »

We use MXScan with the Message Sniffer subscription. SPAM is all but gone. Leave greylisting enabled as that stops tons of spammers all on it's own.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.