Default PO and Outlook 2007

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
CalEagle

Default PO and Outlook 2007

Post by CalEagle »

I have ME with 3 domains x1, x2, and x3. Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2007 and even though I try to receive email from x2, I get email from the default post office, x1 (even though initially x1 was not even defined as an account, now it is). They each have a mailbox with the same name. To get email from x2, I have to change the Default Post Office and then it happens. Obviously I can't do that each time. It worked fine with Outlook 2000 but not 2007. Also I can disable the Default PO and then I cannot access anything, it won't accept my mailbox and password.
Sending works with all Post Offices. Just receiving is the problem.
How do I get it to work with multiple Post Offices?

Brett Rowbotham

Re: Default PO and Outlook 2007

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

In Outlook accounts make sure your login name is of the form user@postoffice. If the @postoffice part is not present then the designated default post office is used, which is why it works for you when changing the default post office.

Cheers,
Brett

CalEagle

Post by CalEagle »

Thank you for your reply. But I am not sure how that is specified. In the Account Settings, for an individual account (domain name), it never asks for a post office. The following I use M1 as the mailbox and X2 as the post office which here is the same as domain name . It does ask for the email address(which I put the full email M1@X2.com), it asks for the Incoming and outgoing server names(I put X2.com in each). It asks for the Logon information which I put M1 (to be thorough I've tried M!@X2.com and it won't sign on). In the More Settings it asks for mail account which I've also tried and it seems to be only the name by which it is referred to.
When trying to get email using this account(X2), I still get email from M1@X1.com and nothing from M1@X2.com (M1 being the default Post Office)

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

In your Outlook accounts you must specify a logon user name and password. That logon user name must be of the form user@postoffice.

If, in MailEnable, your user is named M1 and their account is in the postoffice named X2.com, then the account logon name must be M1@X2.com.

Cheers,
Brett

CalEagle

Post by CalEagle »

That seems to work. Thank you.