Filter Email received and forward to multiple email addresses

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
netmo

Filter Email received and forward to multiple email addresses

Post by netmo »

Hi,

We're trying to setup a filter rule for when an email is received with a specific "From" and "Subject" the email will be forwarded off automatically to a bunch of people. Was able to find send to one addresses but not multiple.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Filter Email received and forward to multiple email addresses

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Just add multiple "Forward to Address" actions.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

netmo

Post by netmo »

Hey Ian,

Do you have to enable something special in mailenable to have scripts work. Regular Filtering is enabled and working but can't get the one with the script below to work.

FilterResult=0
If CriteriaMet([ME_TO],"anyone@localemailaddress.com") AND _
CriteriaMet([ME_FROM],"*@yahoo.ca") AND _
CriteriaMet([ME_SUBJECT],"Re: Friday EWR to YYZ pick up --- DELIVERY STATUS/ETA REQUIRED FOR SATURDAY DELIVERY INTO CANADA POST") Then

FilterResult=1
End If

If all 3 criteria are met Then I'm using redirect to another address action to forward the email.

Any reason you can why this would not work?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You need embrace all 3 criteria with wildcards. I.e: *anyone@localemailaddress.com*
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

netmo

Post by netmo »

Thanks Ian, got to work somewhat the I way want. The issue was "--- " in the subject. For some reason the script doesn't like the "---" when added in the subject.

When it forwards, it uses the senders email address to reply but i would i like to it use the email that is being forwarded from so they don't reply to the original sender who has sent the email.

Example:

Email address A send an email to B, i would like it to show being sent by B so they can reply to B instead of replying to the original sender.

How can i do that just for this instance without changing the functionality in mailenable? Is there an application or another script i can write to obtain this goal?