Session Times Out

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

Session Times Out

Post by rfwilliams777 »

For some strange reason while at a customer's location (and only while composing an email) usually not doing anything or little, it times out by taking the person to a screen that says "Session Timed Out" and all they can do is log in again. I have deleted their history and all that, no change. They are running Windows 10 and I have the newest version of ME Enterprise. This issue happened on both IE and Chrome. It seems that it happens when the webmail wants to create a draft or saves a draft.

On a windows 7 computer I tried an hour later, no issues.

It does not seem to be consistent but often enough for this first-stated client that she is using Gmail because she cannot compose an email.

I just tried to replicate the issue and everything works. Odd...it also happens at her house.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Session Times Out

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Check the Windows event log on the server in respect to the date/time the session time out occurred to see if there any WAS or ASP.NET errors associated with the MailEnable application pool.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

That may be a bit difficult because there are about 50 webmail websites with MANY users accessing the webmail. Do I search for a particular user?
Robert Williams, Owner
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Perhaps enable web mail logging first within the admin console under the web mail properties node. That will give you more of an idea when the user is logging in.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

It was set to log to the ME logs for web mail. I have changed it to log to Windows.
The only ME errors I see are as follows (in the Windows/Applications):
The description for Event ID 0 from source MailEnable cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

IHttpModule:: Library Dispose (Final Instance Disposed)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
The description for Event ID 0 from source MailEnable cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

EventResponseHandler:: application shutdown

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

IRegisteredObject:: IISModule received nomal stop request

And a host of others.
I had a client call me this morning and was kicked out 3 times within 5 minutes while trying to compose an email.
Robert Williams, Owner

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I also do not see anything that says "user is logging in"
Robert Williams, Owner

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You need to log to the web mail log file not the event log and set the logging to full high. When the user gets the session timeout have them note down the date/time on their machine that it occurred. If there is a timezone difference between client and server you will need to work this out so you can reference in the server logs at the time the user is logging in to see what is happening. The problem may also be client specific where the client somehow is losing the cookie state but this would require inspecting the client machines event log.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

If it was limited to a single computer or a single user, I would agree about the cookie but different OS and different browsers doesn't make any sense especially when I had cleared their cookies, history, etc. to make sure that it was not a failing cookie. I also had the issue this evening from one of my accounts as a test.
The settings have been set to full since day one because I often have to review logs for emails that get deleted or in case an account is compromised.
I see a number of these errors.

IRegisteredObject:: IISModule registered with hosting environment

Robert Williams, Owner

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yeah not sure at this point. Can you lodge a ticket and provide server access and a tech can check further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

How do I place the priority and all that?
Robert Williams, Owner

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I am still getting these session time outs and they are occurring with all webmail users, not just a couple of people. I emailed the log entries at the time of failure for the ticket that is still open.
Robert Williams, Owner

cfdynamics

Post by cfdynamics »

Are you by chance loadbalancing more than one MailEnable server?
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

No, single server
Robert Williams, Owner

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Now it is happening all the time and this morning I had a 503 error requiring for me to reboot this server. I need this resolved.
Robert Williams, Owner