v10.24: Server Error in '/MEWebMail' Application

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
bitechbobbrenner

v10.24: Server Error in '/MEWebMail' Application

Post by bitechbobbrenner »

Windows Server 2012 Sdt, updated from Enterprise 10.23 to 10.24 and now receiving the below error.

Server Error in '/MEWebMail' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Input string was not in a correct format.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDecimal(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) +203
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToLong(String Value) +73

[InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Long' is not valid.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToLong(String Value) +328
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToLong(Object Value) +455872
MailEnable.Login.ProcessLogin(HttpContext& hc, WebMailLoginResult& oWebLoginResult, String sUsername, String sPassword, String sKey, String sLangID, String sSkin, Boolean bDoRedirect, Boolean bRemember, Cache& oCache) +4351
MailEnable.Clients.WebMail.Mondo.login.xde97676d01739ced(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc) +2857
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.8806; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.8762

twun

Re: v10.24: Server Error in '/MEWebMail' Application

Post by twun »

I have the same problem when trying to use the auto login, worked in 10.23

bitechbobbrenner

Post by bitechbobbrenner »

I figured it out, the login string needs to have this added to the end

&skin=Pacific

Looking at ME admin I dont see the other skins, just the Pacific. Here is a sample my current login script

https://mail.whatever.com/mewebmail/Mon ... in=Pacific

I also added "&offset=-500" because all my clients are in US Eastern Time Zone thus causing the correct time stamp desplay of each message.

Hope this helps.

Bob

matikiri

Post by matikiri »

thanks for info

twun

Post by twun »

bitechbobbrenner wrote:I figured it out, the login string needs to have this added to the end

&skin=Pacific

Looking at ME admin I dont see the other skins, just the Pacific. Here is a sample my current login script

https://mail.whatever.com/mewebmail/Mon ... in=Pacific

I also added "&offset=-500" because all my clients are in US Eastern Time Zone thus causing the correct time stamp desplay of each message.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Thanks that worked, it was the offset that was the important factor not the skin.