Webmail Service Stopped

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

Webmail Service Stopped

Post by rfwilliams777 »

For some reason every week for the past few weeks my webmail keeps crashing or the service does not start. No matter whether I click on Start in IIS, do IISreset, or anything else the service won't start for the webmail unless I do a reboot. When I click on start in IIS (prior to a reboot), I get an error saying something about it cannot load. No other IIS sites are experiencing this issue and only this site has the issue. I am running 10.25 and this was a new server with a new install of 10.23, so it is not a carry-over from a previous version.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail Service Stopped

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The Windows event log will contain more information as to why the application pool is not starting at the time.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Listener Adapter protocol 'net.pipe' attempted to communicate to Windows Process Activation Service and failed. The Listener Adapter is now in a bad state. Cause: This is caused by Out of Memory issues or failures between Windows Process Activation Service and Listener Adapter. Fix: To fix this condition, stop Listener Adapter then Windows Process Activation Service, restart Windows Process Activation Service, and finally restart Listener Adapter.
Robert Williams, Owner
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Looks like some memory issues. The configuration running on an external database? Is the server a vm image?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Windows 2016 Standard 64-bit (not VM) and the files are the basic files and tab-delimeted.
Robert Williams, Owner

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

HI,

Best way forward is to log a ticket and provide access to the machine so we can inspect in more detail.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Please reference this link.
https://www.scottbrady91.com/Windows/IIS-The-Process-Cannot-Access-the-File-Because-it-is-Being-Used-by-Another-Process
I ran the command and went to look in Task Manager. Come to find out, ME is loading something that wants to use port 80 and is blocking ONLY the webmail from running (all other IIS entries are unaffected). This morning after rebooting twice after rebooting the server last night (I do a weekly reboot of the server so every work week it has fresh resources to work from), the webmail is back up. When I checked it was MERADMS and HTTPMail is what grabbed it this time. I do not know what it has grabbed before.
Robert Williams, Owner

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The MERADMS is the MailEnable management service and HTTPMail is the MailEnable Synchronization service. You need to check the properties of both services and ensure that you have not set them to bind to port 80.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

There is no web management and the synchronization is port 8080...so I am a little confused.
Robert Williams, Owner

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The management service is located under: Servers > Localhost > Services and Connectors > Management. Right click and select properties.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Robert what is your IIS app pool configuration? We had to tune ours for higher traffic.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Attached are the IIS Pools and Sites.
Some of the sites on the list are redirects to another domain somewhere else. The MEAdmin and MEMail each have several domains (the webmail has about 60+ domains). The webmail is enabled and is an option if someone clicks on the link to go to that. The other I don't know what it is used for so I stopped it.
Attachments
Sites.png
Sites.png (189.05 KiB) Viewed 21978 times
App Pools.png
App Pools.png (159.96 KiB) Viewed 21978 times
Robert Williams, Owner