IMAP Slow

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
pete83uk

IMAP Slow

Post by pete83uk »

I am running the latest version 10.26 have about 120 mailboxes that has anywhere between 50-80 current connections on IMAP.

The issue that I am having is that the imap sync for all Outlook email clients is slow, the mailboxes just sit and constanty sync the inbox and you cannot see the new email coming into the Outlook client. If you log into webmail everything works as normal.

The same is for all mobile devices, both IOS and Android, they just sit and check for mail and the timeout, not showing any new emails.

If I restrict the IMAP connections to a couple of IP addresses all devices can sync the email fine so it looks like the more connections the slower it is, to the point it becomes unusable

When I look at the server, disk, cpu, ram and nic are barely being used. The server is just sat idle and not really doing anything.

What could the issue be?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: IMAP Slow

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Upgrade to version 10.27 first as it contains fixes to core services you need to apply. Once upgraded, review the following article and increase the IMAP threads from 20 to 50 to see if this helps.

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020580
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support